Throughout Lent, we are invited to ACT, REFLECT and CONNECT through UnitingWorld’s Lent Event programme.
ACT – by giving up something you’d struggle to do without
REFLECT – by reflecting on the scriptures through the Lent Event Bible Study and daily prayers
CONNECT – with our overseas church partners and their communities.
Throughout lent you can support our 5 Uniting World Projects:
- PROJECT 1 – February 22nd BIBLE LEAGUE
- UNITINGWORLD PROJECT 2 – March 1st DISABILITY INCLUSION IN SRI LANKA
- UNITINGWORLD PROJECT 3 – March 8th LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT IN ZIMBABWE
- UNITINGWORLD PROJECT 4 – March 15th PEACEBUILDING IN INDONESIA
- UNITINGWORLD PROJECT 5 – March 22nd TRAINING MIDWIVES IN SOUTH SUDAN
- UNITINGWORLD PROJECT 6 – March 29th PARTNERING PACIFIC WOMEN FOR CHANGE
Our commitment to supporting our Projects for Lent, moves us closer to our shared vision of a ‘world where peace and justice reign’.
Visit the Lent Event website www.lentevent.com for more information, and don’t forget to download the free Lent Event App to receive your daily prayers.
Collect your set of Lent Event envelopes and don’t forget to visit the Social Justice stall at Morning Tea, after the 9.30am Service.
If you would like to join a LentEvent Bible Study Group, please contact the Church Office for details, or download a copy of the study, ’40 days of Hope’, prepared by Rev Dr Cliff Bird, from the website.
Lent Event Co-ordinator